Last Revised: August 28, 2020
The Services of Emerson’s subsidiaries and affiliated companies are each owned, operated and provided by such subsidiaries and companies. Please click here for a list of Emerson's subsidiaries and affiliates and information.
This Cookie Notices applies in addition to the Privacy Notice which can be found here.?The Privacy Notice contains further information regarding the personal data we collect, on how we use your personal data, on the legal bases for the processing and the consequences if you do not provide your personal data, on how we share your personal data, on the rights and choices you have, on how long we keep your personal data etc.
What are Cookies and How They are Used
We use “cookies,” small text files transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons and embedded scripts) to help provide you with a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your shopping cart between visits);
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);?
Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
How to Manage and Disable Cookies
- For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA)
When you first visit our sites, you will be presented with a banner that offers you choices about whether to accept or reject cookies or tracking technologies of different types. If you wish to change your preferences, you can do so by clicking here:
- For all other users
The options/settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Please be advised that disabling cookies through this method may impact many of our websites’ features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common internet browsers are provided at the links below for your convenience. However, we are not in control of the location of the instructions and information provided by the browsers below and, therefore, you may have to locate the particular instructions and information for the respective browser if these links are no longer current.
What Types of Cookies we Use
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of website visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Location cookies.?These cookies use your current location, provided address and/or zip code to provide the location of the retailer of our products or other appropriate information.
Third Party Cookies and Opt-out
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently;??
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you;?
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the services;?
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our website).
You may visit the third-party links below to get further information on the third-party cookies, learn about the privacy practices of the third parties and to opt out of the use of third-party cookies. However, we are not in control of the location of the instructions and information provided by the third parties below and, therefore, you may have to locate the particular instructions and information for the respective third party if these links are no longer current.
- IBM Digital Analytics
- To view IBM’s Software and Services Privacy Statement, please click?here.
- To opt out, please email NETSUPP@us.ibm.com.
- The Emerson websites that utilize IBM Digital Analytics present users with the following three options for participating in data collection when the user enters the website: (1) full participation; (2) opt out of data collection; or (3) anonymous participation.
- Visual Website Optimizer
- To?opt out, please opt out through LinkedIn personal account
- El Toro
- Heap Analytics
- Power Reviews
Although not all cookies and similar technologies that we use are required for you to use the Services, disabling these technologies altogether could prevent the Services from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the Services we offer.
Do Not Track feature
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals. However, we do provide choices about what Emerson ads you receive through the opt-out links in the Cookies section above.